Each year at Disability Network/Lakeshore, we help over 1,500 people with disabilities to lead productive lives. Our efforts not only benefit these individuals but also their families and the wider community in the lakeshore area. We have been serving Allegan and Ottawa counties since 1992.
Our mission is to connect people with disabilities to resources and opportunities while building communities where everyone can participate, contribute, and belong. Our dream is to create engaged citizens and livable communities. To that end, our staff works to provide information, referrals, and support to people with a wide variety of disabilities.
A few facts you need to know:
- Our organization is staffed and managed by a majority of people with disabilities.
- We serve people with any type of disability, including some that may be “invisible,” such as learning disorders.
- Instead of focusing solely on the disability, we address the needs of the whole person so they can achieve a more balanced life.
- We also operate on a larger scale, doing everything we can to help governments, businesses, and other organizations make positive changes to improve the lives of everyone in the community.
- Disability Network/Lakeshore is part of broader state and national networks dedicated to serving people with disabilities.
What We Believe:
- Disabilities are a natural part of life. Anyone can acquire a disability at any time.
- Many of the difficulties people with disabilities face are a result of attitudes and environments, not the disability.
- Disabilities positively affect and enhance the diversity of our community.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and belong to our community.
Executive Director: Todd Whiteman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Employment Services: Rick Diamond: email@example.com
Program Director: Stacey Trowbridge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Access Specialist: Lucia Rios: email@example.com
Independent Living Specialist: Susan Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Living Specialist: Chris Wistrom: email@example.com
Disability Guide: Carrie Benchich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Specialist: Ronda Wenger: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Karon Beukema: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountant: Rob Dale: email@example.com
Information and Referral Specialist: Bree Austin-Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to check out our values statement.
Board of Directors:
President: Michelle Chaney, Consumers Credit Union
Vice President: Amber Marcy, Fusion Medical Supplies, LLC
Treasurer: Brian Dykhuis, Huntington Bank
Secretary: Rev. Terry De Young, Reformed Church of America
Past President: Margaret Bakker, Allegan County
John M. Karafa, McCroskey Law Offices
Robert Luke, Russells Technical Products, Inc.
Rob Schwarz, Holland Resident
Teresa Bellingar, Haworth