Create More Accessible Communities
Involvement and partnerships within our community play a pivotal role in the success of our accomplishments. At Disability Network/Lakeshore, we have countless opportunities for individuals and the community to partner with us.
If you are interested in partnering with our organization in any of our service areas or on our events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some ways Disability Network/Lakeshore engages within the community.
- Meet with stakeholders to develop consensus for a long-range, regional transportation planning process in West Michigan.
For more information, contact Stacey Trowbridge, Program Director, at (616) 396-5326 ext. 105 or email@example.com.
- Provide programs for youth with disabilities on getting and keeping a job
- Opportunity for job shadowing, informational interviews and industry tours with local employers
For more information, contact Lucia Rios, Community Access Specialist, at (616) 396-5326 ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities more than 10%. Staff will make regular visits to help veterans develop the skills necessary to continue living independently in the community. Services include:
- Connect veterans with community-based support services
- Identify assistive technology to enhance independence
- Train in independent living skills
- Assist in setting and achieving specific goals and objectives
For more information, contact Christine Wistrom, Independent Living Specialist, at (616) 396-5326 ext. 106 or email@example.com.